Many car accident victims make a critical mistake after their crash: they let the insurance adjuster convince them that their injuries and property damage are only worth a small amount, and as a result, they accept a settlement that is much less than what they deserve. By the time they start receiving medical bills for followup treatment and shopping for a replacement vehicle, it’s too late to negotiate.
Car accidents cause a wide range of injuries and lead to serious financial distress for families across the United States. The key to getting the compensation you deserve after someone else causes a crash is contacting a personal injury attorney with experience in car accident cases.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
After your crash, you may hear from several different lawyers who are willing to take on your case. It’s important to choose the attorney best equipped for your specific type of case. At Sanchez, Mitchell, Eastman, & Cure, we hear a lot of the same questions from our car accident clients. You may have the following questions as you consider your options:
- Can I accept the insurance company’s settlement offer? While it is your right to accept the insurance company’s first offer, it’s typically advised that you at least speak with an attorney first. No matter how concerned the insurance adjuster appears or how kind they are about your accident, your best interests aren’t on their mind—they simply want to get the lowest settlement amount possible for the company. Speaking with an attorney gives you the chance to explore all of your options.
- Do I really need a lawyer? Simply put, hiring a personal injury attorney is the best way to give yourself a shot at getting what you deserve from the person who caused your car accident. While you can try to negotiate with the insurance company on your own, they have much more experience than you in these situations and they will outmaneuver you every time.
- Do I have a case? When you schedule a consultation with Sanchez, Mitchell, Eastman, & Cure, we’ll sit down with you and look at the details of your case. We’ll give you our honest opinion about your accident and whether or not you have a solid case against the other party. If you were not at fault for the accident, you likely have some sort of case—large or small—against the other party and their insurance.
- How much is my case worth? Without looking at your case, it’s impossible to know exactly how much money is at stake. Rest assured that we will consider every avenue while building your case to get what you deserve.
The Types of Cases We Handle
Our team has experience with many types of car accident cases. Some of the cases we take on include:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Hit-and-run crashes
- Multi-car accidents
- Crashes caused by intoxicated drivers
- Fatal accidents
- Distracted driving
- Bicycle accidents
Whether the accident was caused by reckless driving, a failure to comply with posted signs, intoxicated driving, or a product defect, we will put together a solid case that proves the other party’s liability.
Getting the Compensation You’re Owed
After you choose Sanchez, Mitchell, Eastman, & Cure for your car accident case and we have a chance to review the evidence, our first step is to connect with the other party’s insurance company and see if they’re open to negotiation. Our team will fight on your behalf to demonstrate the severity of your injuries and convince the insurance company to see our side.
In the event that we cannot come to an agreement with the insurance company, we will begin preparing for court. Most cases do eventually settle outside of court, but we will be prepared for any possibility.
Contact Us Now to Explore Your Options
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can begin putting together your case. Take the first step and call Sanchez, Mitchell, Eastman, & Cure, PSC at 360-479-3000.